Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Warm up 9/3/08

1. I noticed that most of the post that I read had to do with humor. Many of the words that were unique to each family had to do with something funny or some sort of good memory. Like mine I noticed that a few of the posts had to deal with their families culture or where they came from before moving to the U.S. Only one of the people that commented on my blog said something about the other words I use in my family. The other two only commented on the German part. I wonder if this is because this really was the most interesting of the three or that they only read that part because it was the first part.

2. It seems that many families get their language from where they came from, such as country or what area they come from. A family on one side of the U.S. may not have the same language as another even though both families are from the same country. I also think that families get thier language through experiences with one another.

3. To be an insider of language means that you may have been there for the "creation" of the word and may know a little bit more about it than others do.

No comments: